Friday, June 1, 2012

1 Month old = a little wiser and a lot more content

31 days blogging down....and so far I am totally thrilled with how much I have enjoyed doing it. I have loved the challenge of having to think about bigger things outside of my current main focus of babies, nappies and housework.

I am re-learning the benefits of being proactive and busy and taking risks and putting myself forward for things. Committing to this blog has made me think about the idea of living well and what it means to be a family and how to enjoy this time with our little ones. I have realised that my squandering isn't just about spending money on silly materialistic whims but is also about squandering precious time on what ifs, if onlys, and why me pity parties.

I recently came across some photos of myself taken when I was about 18 or so. Its been almost 20 years since the pictures were taken and probably almost the same amount of time has passed since I last looked at the pictures and I was totally gob smacked at how much skinnier and generally fabulous I lookedy compared with what my memories of then are. I make no apologies for saying that I looked fab - I know I'm no super model but I have such vivid memories of feeling so insecure and self conscious about my appearance that I know it held me back from doing things and meeting people at that time in my life. I have matured somewhat since then but I do still wonder if the impression I have of myself quite matches the reality even yet. So on top of becoming a more sophisticated spender I am going to expand my squanderer no more ethos to include my time, my attitude and my opinion of myself too.

Looking forward to the long Queens Birthday weekend. I have some fun creative projects to complete with a view to hopefully turning them into a little pocket money spinner. They match my squanderer no more stand perfectly so I am looking forward to revealing a little more after the weekend. Have a great weekend filled with strategic indulgences just as you deserve.



No comments: