Friday, May 11, 2012

Success or Happiness?

Am a bit of a fan of Australian Kelly Doust of Crafty Minx fame (which is a whole other story I will elaborate on in another post very soon), but I came across the following link on her site which I found really interesting and it has become an idea I have been thinking about quite often. I believe in setting goals for myself and I enjoy that boost of confidence I feel when I'm working hard and the end goal is approaching. But does this way of always looking at the world run the risk of flipping your ability to feel satisfied, content - even happy, off balance. I believe you can control your own attitude and outlook on life, I'd even go so far as to say that we are happy by choice. This speaker has given me some good practical tools to retrain myself in the mental exercise of being happy in my success rather than chasing success in the hope of happiness. I hope this short video provides you with some interesting ideas too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it - might have to watch the rest of them. Thanks for putting up